Call Sho-Me Pest Control, the Best Pest Control Professionals for Bed Bugs in Mid-Missouri. Let Us Help you with your next Pest Extermination.
BED BUGS MID-MISSOURI
- Adults are flat, reddish-brown in color, and about ¼ inch in size, (about the size of an apple seed, or lady beetle).
- Female bed bugs lay 5 – 7 eggs per week.
- A single female can be responsible for over 30,000 offspring per year!
- Eggs hatch within 6 – 10 days and can become an adult in 35 – 48 days.
- They feed on the blood of humans and some small animals.
- Mostly nocturnal and will normally feed for 3 – 10 minutes while you sleep.
- Will feed on exposed skin and will often bite in a pattern of 3 bites that can leave itchy red welts.
- The average lifespan is 10 – 12 months but can live between 12 – 18 months without feeding.
- Bed bugs can carry but do not transmit diseases.
- Bed bugs are extremely difficult to eliminate.
Bedbugs are small, oval, brownish insects that live on the blood of animals or humans. Adult bedbugs have flat bodies about the size of an apple seed. After feeding, however, their bodies swell and are a reddish color. Bedbugs do not fly, but they can move quickly over floors, walls, and ceilings. Female bedbugs may lay hundreds of eggs, each of which is about the size of a speck of dust, over a lifetime. Immature bedbugs, called nymphs, shed their skins five times before reaching maturity and require a meal of blood before each shedding. Under favorable conditions the bugs can develop fully in as little as a month and produce three or more generations per year. They are nearly microscopic and extremely hard to spot.
How do Bed Bugs Infest My Home in MID-MO?
So, how do you get bed bugs in the first place? Bed bugs are notorious for their hitchhiking abilities. If you’re suddenly experiencing signs of a bed bug infestation in your home for the first time, they likely snuck their way in as a stowaway on a purse, luggage, or clothing. Lodging facilities like hotels and motels are prime sources for bed bugs, so be on high alert when traveling to be sure you don’t take bed bugs home with you as unintentional souvenirs. St. Robert, Waynesville, Rolla, Lebanon have guests visiting from all over the world being close to a major military installation and universities in southern Missouri let Sho-Me Pest protect your home.